Open Accessibility Menu

The fire

  • Featuring: By Thao & Sandra Kiggins
  • Date Submitted: May 12, 2020
  • Location: Alaska

Sandra, a Providence program assistant for faculty support services in Anchorage, recalls being awakened by a loud crash and realized a fire broke out in the bedroom. As she fled, she noticed her husband had passed out from the smoke. She was unable to revive him. She lost everything in the fire, including her husband. It was her Providence family who helped her replace everything, and not just material things. Edit credit: Alison Jacques


  • By Thao
  • Sandra Kiggins
  • Compassion
  • Community
  • Husband
  • Grief